Affinity Wellness 4 Life
Dominic Sorrentino, PA-C, ABAAHP
Anti-Aging & Medical Spa located in Lakewood ranch, FL
Weight loss is no easy feat, which is why most adults in the United States are overweight or obese. Unwanted weight gain might result from an untreated medical condition, such as a hormone imbalance. At Affinity Wellness 4 Life in Bradenton, Florida, Dominic Sorrentino Jr., PA-C, and his experienced weight loss team offer nutraceuticals, B12 injections, and appetite suppressants to simplify weight loss. Schedule a consultation with Affinity Wellness 4 Life by phone or online today.
Medical Weight Loss Programs Offered:
8-week and Weekly Comprehensive Lipoburn b12 Weight Loss Plans
40-day HCG Ketotic Weight Loss Plan
Semaglutide / Lipoburn b12 Medical Weight Loss Plans
Tirzepatide Medical Weight Loss Plans
1- 8-Week Lipoburn / b12 Detox Weight Loss Plans: (SAVE now 30% off regular price!)
Affinity Wellness 4 Life is pleased to introduce our ALL NEW 8 Week Lipoburn / b12 Detox Weight Loss Program! Our medically trained staff will be dedicated to helping you achieve weight / body fat reduction! This program is highly effective in helping achieve desired body image through education of proper diet, supplementation, and exercise management!!
Our 8-week program is one of the most complete and comprehensive medically supervised weight loss plans that we offer and guaranteed to get you the results that you have missed with other traditional weight loss plans!
Our 8-week program will take you step by step through a journey of weight reduction and total body wellness.
The 8-week program includes:
- Comprehensive Medical History and Physical Exam
- Full Dietary Planning
- Detoxification Supplements, Meal Replacement Protein Shakes and Metabolic Stimulators
- Exercise Advice and PT referral (if needed)
- Weekly Weight Checks and Body Measurement Analysis
- Weekly Lipoburn/ b12 Weight Loss Injections
- Prescription appetite suppressants
Laboratory Blood Work with Hormone and Vitamin Analysis (optional at addl costs)
2- 40-day Hcg Ketotic Medical Weight Loss Program
The program includes:
- Full program consultation
- Physical exam & body measurements
- 40-day supply FDA approved commercial Hcg injectable prescription
- Multivitamin and detox support powder
- Weekly weight checks and medical supervision
- Weekly lipoburn / b12 injections or phentermine appetite suppressants additional costs
- Post period maintenance dietary planning additional
How Does HCG Work for Weight Loss:
In the specific context of weight loss, HCG works within the same hormone feedback loop the critical hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis –to promote weight loss in two specific ways that we will explore in detail here
• Boosting luteinizing hormone (LH) levels
• Boosting adiponectin levels
HPG and the HPG Axis
Kisspeptin acts on the HPG axis according to the following sequence:
- HCG triggers the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) by the hypothalamus.
- GnRH travels to the pituitary gland where it triggers the release of two hormones: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). This pair of hormones is primarily involved in maintaining reproductive health but is also heavily implicated in metabolism and weight management.
- LH and FSH trigger the release of sex hormones (primarily estradiol in women and testosterone in men)
- The loop comes full circle with the sex hormones regulating the release of leptin, adiponectin, and other hormones in the brain responsible for metabolism and fat burning.
How the HCG Diet Actually Boosts Adiponectin *(jounal reports)
This Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation – published in a respected leading medical journal – explains the clear mechanisms behind HCG weight loss:
“Following gonadotropin treatment, serum adiponectin levels decrease because of the negative effect of high estradiol levels on adiponectin production. Conversely, serum adiponectin levels increase following human chorionic gonadotropin treatment.”
Higher serum adiponectin levels triggered by HCG therapy, in turn, reduce blood glucose (blood sugar) and spur the breakdown of fatty acids:
“Positive HCG Diet research studies have shown that adiponectin also helps to manage weight by controlling the levels of glucose within the body and by breaking down fatty acids. Therefore, activating adiponectin and increasing the levels in the blood can help with the management of weight and weight-related disorders.”
The researchers in the study titled Metabolic Activity of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) on Glycemia and Leptinemia further explain the blood sugar-regulating benefits of HCG via the mechanism discussed above:
“Results show the activity of hCG (both urinary and recombinant) on glycemia and leptins levels in experimental animals in different formulations, but specifically when administered intrarectal. hCG significantly decreased blood sugar and leptin levels… hCG administration is a useful therapeutic approach in the treatment of diseases that result in hyperglycemia and hyperleptinemia.”
To further support the efficacy of HCG therapy, the paper trail documenting HCG’s clinical usefulness extends back nearly 70 years:
“During clinical work in the early 1950s, Dr. ATW Simeons, a British endocrinologist, pioneered the theory of using hCG to help people lose weight and abnormal belly fat… Over the next 10 years, Simeons… proved that when both the correct amount of hCG and his food plan were followed as he had designed, both males and females had the ability to lose extraordinary amounts of abnormal fat in relatively short periods of time than with just diet and exercise alone.”
3- Semaglutide / Lipoburn B12 Weight Loss NOW AVAILABLE at AW4L!
- Semaglutide (Wigovy, Ozempic) is an injectable medication FDA approved for type 2 diabetes and obesity that along with a healthy dietary and exercise plan dramatically reduces weight.
- Semaglutide acts like human glucagon-like peptide- (GLP-1) in that it increases insulin, thereby increasing sugar metabolism. It also acts in the brain and gut to increase appetite suppression.
- Semaglutide is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Semaglutide is also indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise for long-term weight management in adults with obesity (initial body mass index<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index> (BMI) ≥ 30 kg/m2) or overweight (initial BMI ≥ 27 kg/m2) with at least one weight-related comorbidity.
- Semaglutide is conveniently administered with only a once weekly subcutaneous injection. Practitioner will determine which dosage may be right for you!
- Semaglutide Side effects are minimal and may include nausea or Gi discomfort for a short period of time which is typically self- limited. Other more severe side effects like pancreatitis are rare reported in < 1% of patients.
- Semaglutide Duration of therapy can be administered until patients achieve ideal body mass index! It will be determined by practitioner at consultation if semaglutide may be right for you!
- Semaglutide in conjunction with an Affinity weight loss program such as our weekly b12 fat burn and / or Kisspeptin / Hcg ketotic plans will help further achieve glucose control, weight loss & weight management! Overweight and obese patients may lose pounds and inches faster on Semaglutide than without.
- Some Studies have shown that Semaglutide may work even better in combination with B12 injections!
4- TIRZEPATIDE Weight Loss NOW Available AT AW4L!
Tirzepatide (Monjaro) is the newest medication designed to address type 2 diabetes and obesity by targeting multiple hormones involved in regulating blood sugar levels and appetite, potentially offering a more comprehensive approach to managing these conditions. Its innovative mechanism of action holds promise for improving both glycemic control and weight management in patients.
How Tirzepatide Helps You Lose Weight
Tirzepatide has garnered attention not just for its effectiveness in managing blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes, but also for its potential weight-loss benefits. The medication acts as a dual agonist for the glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptors. Its GLP-1 agonist properties seem to be particularly effective in aiding weight loss by modulating appetite-regulating centers in the brain. This leads to reduced feelings of hunger and an increased sense of fullness after eating, which can subsequently lead to a reduction in caloric intake. Additionally, Tirzepatide has been observed to slow down the rate of gastric emptying, further contributing to its weight-loss effects.
While more research is needed, early clinical trials suggest that Tirzepatide could be a valuable tool for weight management in addition to its role in treating type 2 diabetes.
Tirzepatide Vs Semaglutide – Effects on Blood Glucose and Weight Loss
Tirzepatide was compared in the SURPASS Trial in a head-to-head comparison with Semaglutide. It was observed that the glycated hemoglobin was significantly reduced in patients who were treated with Tirzepatide compared to Semaglutide in a dose-dependent manner:
The HbA1C reduced at week 40 from the baseline by 2.01%, 2.24%, and 2.30% with Tirzepatide
5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg compared to Semaglutide 1 mg weekly (1.86%)
A greater percentage of the patients in the Tirzepatide groups achieved the target HbA1C at week 40 compared to Semaglutide.
Comparing Weight Loss Effects of Tirzepatide Vs Semaglutide:
All GLP-1 analogs have been associated with weight loss. The recent STEPS trials demonstrated marked weight loss with a high dose of Semaglutide 2.4 mg administered once weekly.
Based on the data from the STEPs Trials, it got FDA Approval. The maximum weight loss that occurred in the Wegovy (high-dose Semaglutide 2.4 mg once a week) group was 16%.
The SURPASS Trial compared the 1 mg Semaglutide (Ozempic) administered once a week compared to Tirzepatide at different doses.
It was observed that more weight loss occurred in the Tirzepatide group compared to patients in the 1 mg Semaglutide group.
A weight loss of 5.7 kgs occurred in the Semaglutide group compared to 7.6 kgs, 9.3 kgs, and 11.2 kgs in the Tirzepatide 5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg respectively. Overall, up to 23% weight loss was observed in the 15mg Tirzepatide groups within this study, this surpassed the overall 16% semaglutide weight loss groups using the maximum weekly dosage.
A greater percentage of patients achieved the target weight loss of 5 kgs, 10 kgs, and 15 kgs in the Tirzepatide group compared to patients in the Semaglutide group. This is demonstrated here:
Other effects of Tirzepatide Vs Semaglutide:
Apart from the greater reduction in the HbA1C and significant weight loss of Tirzepatide compared to Semaglutide, it was observed that patients in the Tirzepatide groups (5mg, 10mg 15mg) all had a greater improvement in their lipid profiles (LDL, VLDL, HDL, Triglycerides) compared to those treated with Semaglutide. (see chart below)
Efficacy of tirzepatide 5, 10 and 15 mg versus semaglutide 2 mg in patients with type 2 diabetes: An adjusted indirect treatment comparison - Vadher - 2022 - Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism - Wiley Online Library
Please visit our BLOG section to learn more about semaglutide and tirzepatide weight loss management.
Please call us at 941-739-7900 for consultation and to book an appointment for one of our fantastic and effective medical weight loss programs!
You can also conveniently request appointments online by visiting our home page!
Live healthier. lighter. longer with Affinity